Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anything~ January 20,2010

Paid Parking lots in the city are the most frustrating things to deal with. This past Friday was, my good friend’s birthday so we went to the Hawks vs. Suns game. After the game we went back to my apartment so we could have cake and all that. His cousin parked in a paid parking lot right across the street from my apartment. We put in $3 and the ticket said that we would have to come back down at 4:50 am to extend the time. After that was all taken care of, we went to my apartment and had a great time! When 3 o’clock rolled around everyone got really tired but Kim refused to go to bed so she could pay the parking lot to extend their time. However I could tell that she was really tired so I offered to go down and pay. She agreed so at 4:30 I woke up and went down to pay. I put $3 in and I received the ticket on which it said that the expiration time was still 4:50. So I waited till 4:50 and put $3 more into the machine. After retrieving this ticket, I saw that the expiration time was still 4:50! I was about to call the company however I realized that I left my cell phone up stairs. Just as I was about to head back to my apartment, I heard someone ask if I needed help. I explained my situation to him and he said I was in luck because he worked for the company. He told me if I tipped him, he would insure that my friend’s car would not get booted. I explained to him that I was not going to spend another penny of my money in this stupid lot. After that was said, he asked if I wanted a ride to my apartment, I refused so he opened the passenger door to his car and started to push me in! As soon as he started pushing, another car entered the lot and I managed to run over to it. When I reached the other car I looked behind me and saw the guy speed away from the lot. Regardless to say after all of the trouble I went through, we still had to move my friend’s car and pay an additional $5 for that lot! I hate paid parking lots.


That's all for now!
~Ali

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds intense! I'm glad you weren't hurt or anything.

    I'm DJ, in your ENGL class by the way. You're really smart, I respect that.

    ReplyDelete