Monday, August 31, 2009

Anything ~ August 31,2009

People change when they go to college. I always thought this was a myth until I experienced it first -hand. My boy friend and I had been together for almost a year when he left for college. He was a year older than I, so when he left I was still in my senior year in High school. Everyone started to tell me that we wouldn't last because he would change and then the next year I would leave and I would also change. I didn't want to believe it. We started out very strong, we wouldn't talk every day, but he would always make sure I heard from him at least once a week. Then he started coming home on the weekends to see me, we were doing just fine. However when college ended at the end of April, he came home and something was different. I didn't see the change in him until after he settled back into our old routine we had established before he left. When he left one night, when we were supposed to be having a date, to go to Marietta to visit some of his college friends, I knew that that was the last straw. Some of the things he had gotten into in college were just not something I could live with for the rest of my life. So about 3 weeks after he came home we broke up. It was a hard thing to learn but now I realize just how much people do change in college.

Thats all for now!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment