Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Hometown ~August 28,2009

I grew up in a pretty large town in the out skirts of St. Louis Missouri named St. Charles. All of my extended family lived within about fifteen minutes away from our house; this is usually a bad thing, however we all were very close. My cousins were like my sisters and my grandparents were always around to help us if we needed it. Breathing was a lot easier because the air was a lot less humid and thick than what it is in Georgia. Everything was clean in our town from the streets to all the buildings and from what I knew, there was no horrific crime. It was not a small town but everyone went to the same church and therefore everyone knew pretty much everyone else. My family was the most well know in the town because my dad was the preacher at the church everyone went to. We were considered to be the "perfect family". When I was around six years old, we moved to Georgia. We went from being well known to not known at all. This gave our family the chance to become the family we would have been if we didn't have to have such a perfect life. Ever since then my family has been pulled together and gotten closer, as much that I would call my sister's my best friends. However we have become a lot more distant from my extended family, mostly because we only get to see them about once or twice a year.

Thats all for now!

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment