Sunday, March 21, 2010

Karen ~ March 1, 2010

One Source that I normally did not choose was entitles utne.com. Once getting linked to this web site, I found one of the most interesting titles and had to read more to figure out what it was saying. This article was entitled “Grieving on Facebook” and this article was written by Julie Hanus. In this posted article, it describes the story of a particular case in which the friends of a young gir did not know when it was time to stop grieving the loss of their friend. One friend posted a picture of her and the lost young lady when she first passed away. After months of having it as her profile picture, the girl wrote underneath it when it was alright to post a different photo that did not have her deceased friend in it. I find this article very interesting because I have just lost a dear friend and mentor to me and I was facebook that really helped me grieve. My friend had been battling breast cancer for several years now and when she fell back out of remission; her family posted a group on facebook prompting others to pray for her recovery. A few months later, she passed away. After the message was sent that she had gone to be with God, posts started appearing on the prayer wall telling how wonderful this woman was and how she had touched so many lives. This helped me in my grieving process because not only could I share how much this woman had influenced my life but also I could see that she touched so many others on her time here on earth. This brought comfort to me because I knew then that this woman of God had fulfilled her purpose down here and is now cancer free living without pain.

That's all for now

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment