Sunday, March 21, 2010

Invisible Homeless~ March 15, 2010

I personally do not believe that the homeless are invisible. I see them every day on the way to school and they make themselves known to be by constantly asking for money every time they see me. I chose to write on a man named Michael because he is a musician and I can relate to his story because my father is a musician as well. At the beginning the man asked Michael why he was homeless. He responded that he was once a personal nurse for a lady for 2 years then out of the blue she kicked him out. Also he mentioned that he had lived on the streets for 20 years before that time also. First of all it was very apparent to me that he did not like living on the streets because after 20 years of living on the streets, he went out and made something of himself. Also, in his wishes at the end of his interview, he sang to us that he would like a place to call his own. I think that people like to go back to their old habits if one thing goes wrong in their life instead of fighting the current and trying to make their lives better. Sure, I understand that it is very hard to find a job now- a- days in this economy. However what happened to him being a personal nurse? He never said that after he got kicked out for no reason that he went to look for another job. I tend to ignore the homeless when I pass them because some of them are really dangerous and they carry weapons and if you are not careful, you could end up dead for just the $2 in your pocket.

Michael from InvisiblePeople.tv on Vimeo.



That's all for now!

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment