Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Challenging the main stream media~ October 16,2009

Jon Stewart is one of the funniest people I have seen on TV. Usually I am not entertained by anything that these government satirists or anything that they have to say about our country that always seems to be falling apart. However, Jon Stewart, and those who work for him, always seem to find the most outrageous piece of news for the nation at that point in time and come up with the most snide remarks about it. I can only hope that some of these reporters, or their bosses, watch Jon Stewart at night and see how ridiculous some of these stories they choose to report on really are. Although some of the issues are news worthy stories, it really makes America look like idiots.
I watched the Jon Stewart episode entitled Rape Nuts. This episode deals with Frankin’s appeal to the government to get the consensual rape clause taken off of the companies contracts the government uses to get things done. I think that there shouldn’t have even been a rape clause. Rape is illegal period. I think it is ridiculous that it is even an issue and therefore I don’t think that Franklin has to even fight this battle, much less be losing the fight. The rebuttal argument is that the government doesn’t want to get involved in personal companies’ contracts. In a way I see where they are coming from, but at the same time the government has the option to choose to use that particular company. In choosing to use that company they agree with the company’s rules and I don’t think that its anything to support.

That's all for now!

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment