Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Torrential down pour ~September 23,2009

While sitting at work on Monday evening, I did not hear the rain that had started after I had already entered work. Since there are no windows in the main room I work in, I had no idea of the down pour it had turned into. My boss entered shortly after I got into work and asked if I could run an errend for him and go over to the Humanity building just a few blocks away. I work in the School of Music building next to the Rialto Theater and the building is on Park place Ave. So I though.... no big deal its right down the street... Upon getting on the elevator to leave, my boss asked if I wanted an umbrella. I asked if it was raining yet and he answered that I can have his big umbrella. I declined and went and got my small umbrella.
When I stepped out of the door and on to the street to start walking there, it felt like a water fall was hitting my umbrella! So I swiftly made my way across the streets. The puddles looked like they were only a couple inches, however when I started to make my way across them, I soon found out that they were up to my knees.After I got back my boss took one look at me and flat out laughed. He told me I looked like I had drowned. I had water dripping from everwhere except my head. I quickly changed into some cheerleading shorts I luckily had from rock climbing earlier and went right back to work.
"Trying to swim back to my apartment was gonna be fun"
Thats all for now
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment