Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Anything ~November 4,2009

Feeling the car starting to come to a stop I awoke suddenly. Opening my eyes that quickly however sent my head into a sudden violent head ach because of all the medication I had pumping through my veins. My best friend from high school happens to go to GA State University and only lives a building away from me, so when I told her I would be coming back to my apartment after I got discharged, she made me promise to call her the second I got back to the building. When the car stopped, Jenn was there. Patiently waiting until I fully got out of the car, she helped in any way she could. As soon as my slippered feet hit the ground, she grabbed me up into the biggest hug she could give. Knowing that I was in good hands, my parents were reassured by Jenn that they could leave. I never knew that going up seven floors could ever take so long. We started our trek to my room but I found out that I was in pain with every slow step I took. Finally surrendering to the fact that I was in pain, Jenn found the closest guy around and asked if he could possibly carry my bags to my room while she helped me walk. The guy quickly agreed and we started once more our journey to my room. As soon as the key turned in the lock, all three of my roommates were at the door wanting to help in any way they could. I could not talk above a whisper so I left the orders up to Jenn. According to Jenn’s orders, my roommates should just come and check up on me every couple hours. She then dug through my purse and handed Alyx my bag of pill bottles and went on instructing her on when and how she should give me my meds.

That's all for now!

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment