Monday, November 2, 2009

Whatever ~ October 28,2009

After a very long and tiring twenty one hours in hospital I was finally discharged. As policy by the hospital, I was wheeled out to my parent’s car where they were waiting in anticipation just to get me home. As soon as the doors started to open to the outside, the cold wind found every way to touch every inch of skin it could, even if it meant crawling under all my clothing. I felt like a little girl as I was lifted by my daddy with his super power strength into the car. Fastening the seat belt securely around me, my dad asked in a worried voice if I was sure I wanted to go back to school right then. Because I had an endoscopy, I was limited to a little whisper due to the doctor’s accidently nicking my throat while pulling out the tube they inserted. Leaning close, he heard through my soft whispers that I was set on going back to school that night. Knowing that I was just as stubborn as he is, he settled into the driver’s seat for the hour’s drive ahead of us. I tried to fight the tiredness as it became apparent through the lulling sounds of the car as it made its way towards Atlanta. However 10 minutes into the drive, I surrendered to its forceful persuasiveness and was asleep the rest of the way. Though I was soundly asleep, I could still hear the low murmurs of my parents and their concerns over whether or not I should be allowed to return to school or if they were going to fight me on this one.

That's all for now!

~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment