Monday, April 26, 2010

Last Chance ~ April 26,2010

Going to college has never really been a choice for me to make. When I was younger, my mom always told me that I have to go to college and that I had no choice in the matter, just like going to high school or middle school, it was required. I was also forewarned that my parents would not be paying for my college so I had to find a way to finance my own education. My parents came to this conclusion because with all of their friends’ parents paying for their education, they did not take it seriously. If it was someone else’s money, they didn’t care what they were doing. However my grandparents made my dad pay for his own college and he took it a lot more seriously because of that. My mom did not pay for her college but then again, she only went to college for 2 years. My first real job was when I turned 14. I worked at a hair salon, sweeping up hair, shampooing hair, and even sometimes even coloring and perming it. I worked there for a year until my boss retired. After that, when I was 15, I was hired to work at Chick-Fil-A, where my sister’s also worked. That job was fun, however, the manager and owner were really greedy and after working there for a year and a half at minimum wage, I quit. Then I got the best job in the world, I worked at Bead Bungalow. This place was awesome because I learned how to make jewelry and I got to use my creativity. I worked there for 2 years but after then, I had to get a teaching internship in order to get college credit towards my major. From then on, I worked at Royal learners as a teacher. All of this work experience gave me the skills to succeed on not only on a monitorial basis but also on an academic one because it taught me how to balance both at the same time.

Thats All!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment